|Season Four, Episode 8|
|Air date||April 7, 2017|
|Written by|| Bo Yeon Kim |
|Directed by||Fred Gerber|
Mary’s Commitment To Her Upcoming Marriage Will be Tested
As Mary’s upcoming wedding looms, a terrible tragedy pushes Mary and Darnley apart, forcing Mary to enlist in Catherine’s help. Elizabeth encounters a traitor to Spain, who petitions her to support an expedition to the New World.
- King Francis, King Philip, Queen Leeza, Prince Henri, John Knox, Leith Bayard, Sebastian, Marie de Guise, Lord White and Lord Lennox were all mentioned but did not appear.
- This episode took place in the Kingdom of France, the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland.
- John Hawkins is introduced.
- David Rizzio is introduced.
- Queen Leeza is back in Spain.
- Prince Henri is returning to France after fighting with the Turks.
- Queen Catherine arrived in Scotland for Mary's Wedding.
- Mary and Darnley's Wedding will take place in two days,
- Lord Bothwell is revealed to be The Loyal Watchman. 
- The New World is brought up between Queen Elizabeth and John Hawkins.
- Mary and Darnley both finalize preparations for their wedding.
- Narcisse and Catherine make plans to use Nicole Touchet to control King Charles.
- Gideon Blackburn grieves over his daughter, Agatha Blackburn offscreen.
- Mary and Bothwell are stranded together.
- Jonathan Goad and Gideon Blackburn were both credited, but do not appear.
- Despite previously being part of the cast line-up, Jonathan Keltz was not credited, and did not appear.
- John Hawkins was real. His name was Captain John Hawkins and he was a naval commander for Queen Elizabeth. In 1564, Elizabeth invested in Hawkins and he set forth to West African.
- John Hawkins and his cousin, Sir Francis Drake founded a charity for the relief of sick and elderly Mariners.
- David Rizzio become the private secretary of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Lucrezia de' Medici's real name was Lucrezia de' Medici, Duchess of Ferrara born in 1545 – 21 April 1561.
- Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley's son and future king, James Stuart was born 19 June 1566, a full year after their marriage.
- Prince Henry of France never fought in, or with Turkey.
- King Charles IX never had a mistress named 'Nicole' however he did have a mistress named Marie Touchet, who would be 16 at the time and was born a farm girl before coming to French Court.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Queen Mary|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Dan Jeannotte||James Stuart|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|Will Kemp||Lord Darnley|
|Adam Croasdell||Lord Bothwell|
|Steve Lund||Luc Narcisse|
|Ann Pirvu||Nicole Touchet|
|Andrew Shaver||David Rizzio|
|Max Lloyd-Jones||John Hawkins|
|Sara Garcia||Lady Keira|
|Rose Napoli||Lucrezia de' Medici|