|To The Death|
|Season Three, Episode 14|
|Air date||May 16, 2016|
|Written by||Lily Sparks|
|Directed by||Michael McGowan|
- "A king should always deliver good news in person. Bad news should be sent by a messenger. Or let them find out on their own."
- —Queen Catherine
Mary Must Defend Her Throne
Mary realizes her need to return to Scotland is becoming increasingly imminent and that along with the help of Bash, she must raise her own army to save her throne. Elizabeth enlists Lola's help to find out information about her mother, which backfires when Lola gets caught.
Lord Narcisse: I only see one option. But it might be a little unseemly for a young King to authorize... So early in his reign.
Queen Catherine: Then he won’t authorize it. You’ll do whatever it is, and tell us after.
Queen Mary: Those memories are apart of me Greer. But I am stronger than they are.
King Charles: I don’t understand why we have to take time to visit the Generals.
Queen Catherine: A king should always deliver good news in person. Bad news should be sent by a messenger. Or let them find out on their own.
- King Francis, King Henry VIII, Gideon Blackburn, Ellen Norwood, George Boleyn, and John Knox were all mentioned but do not appear.
- Anne Boleyn is a heavy plot point.
- John Philip make his first appearance in months.
- This episode takes place over 2 weeks.
- It has been 50 years since the coronation of King Henry VIII.
- A portrait of Henry VIII can be seen behind Lola when talking to Queen Elizabeth before the party.
- King Henry VIII's coronation was on 24 June 1509. Making in June 1559. However all other events like King Francis death, and King Charles' Coronation make in June 1561.
- Robert Dudley is going north for an unnamed destination.
- Mary Stuart found out Greer is 9 months pregnant.
- Mary Stuart's rape from Season Two was mentioned. 
- Sebastian bring up when he and Mary tried to run away to Scotland. 
- Lord Castleroy is freed from prision and makes his first and only appearance of Season Three.
- Lord Castleroy and Greer are reunited, and he has agreed to raise her baby. They are both leaving, and traveling to the other side of France.
- Sebastian confessed to Mary Stuart he still has feelings for her, and is going to accompany for to Scotland.
- The episode images were released on April 22, 2016.
- Jonathan Keltz, Rose Williams and Ben Geurens were all credited but did not appear.
- Celina Sinden is pregnant in real life and married to Rossif Sutherland who played Nostradamus.
- George Boleyn was convicted of incest with Anne Boleyn, and plotting with his sister to kill King Henry VIII. They were both executed as a result. However no substantial evidence for either crime was ever found.
- Anne Boleyn was charged with adultery, incest, and plotting to kill her husband.
- Charges of witchcraft agents Anne Boleyn is widely debated, as it wasn't include in the indictment records.
- King Henry VIII's coronation was on 24 June 1509, making it 52 years ago as it is June 1561.
- Queen Elizabeth said she was 2 when her mother died. She was 3 month away from her 3rd birthday.
- The Swiss Alps aka The Alpine region of Switzerland is more than a night's ride by carriage.
- Catherine de' Medici never had an uncle Alfonso, but she did have an aunt Alfonsina but she died in 1520.
- This is no record of a Beatrice Somerset testifying agents Anne Boleyn.
- This is no record of a Chambermaid or Night Nurse testifying agents Anne Boleyn.
- General Gaghan did not exist.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Charlie Carrick||Robert Dudley|
|Michael Therriault||Lord Castleroy|
|Siobhan Murphy||Countess Van Court|
|Juan Chioran||Archbishop Ridolfi|
|Krystin Pellerin||Beatrice Somerset|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|Patrick Galligan||General Gaghan|
|Mary Kelly||Matronly Servant|