|Season Two, Episode 21|
|Air date||May 7, 2015|
|Written by|| Adele Lim and |
|Directed by||Andy Mikita|
- "Surrender now, and Mary will live."
- —Louis Condé
Mary's Loyalties are Tested When She Makes a Heart-Wrenching Discovery
As troops are about to descend on the castle, Mary and Francis must put aside their differences to determine the extent of Condé’s betrayal. Mary also learns of a bittersweet revelation that tears her apart and makes her question everything. Meanwhile, Catherine decides to teach Narcisse a lesson to prove he can never cross her again and Bash decides to bring Delphine to the castle.
Queen Mary: What would Condé gain?
King Francis: My throne!
King Francis: Save your apologies. Your words have no meaning to me.
Louis Condé: Deliver a message to King Francis, tell him Prince Condé is coming.
Lady Kenna: Bash! If you could excuse your woodsman, we have business to discuss. -Oh good Lord, you're a grown woman! Oh... You must be Bash’s mysterious friend who lives in the forest.
Lady Kenna: -Former, mercenary. He could be becoming Francis's right-hand man. -No offence.
Sebastian: None taken.
Sebastian: I’ll talk to Francis. Good luck to you.
Lady Kenna: You too.
Queen Catherine: Well I may be cooped up in a castle, never forget. My reach is far.
Queen Catherine: I knew it was only a matter of time before Condé showed his true colours. I should have poisoned him when I had the chance!
Queen Catherine: I won’t be needing a teary farewell, as I’m staying in the castle. Your younger sister and brothers are safely abroad.
King Francis: A fight is upon us, and a King must stand his ground.
Queen Catherine: I ease my fears because they are mine! Because they matter. I’m a woman. I won’t accept what that means anymore! I won’t bow to a lover. I was forced to do that once for a king. but you, are most certainly not a King.
King Francis: War is nearly upon us, I will pray for your safety.
Queen Mary: I wish there was a way to end this without bloodshed.
Queen Catherine: Who’s blood concerns you more. Your husband's, or your lovers.
Louis Condé: Surrender France... Or we’ll attack at dawn.
Sister Delphine: Don’t worry, I think you’ll be pleased.
Servant: Is this because we’re all gonna die?
- Queen Elizabeth, King Philip, Queen Leeza King Henry, Prince Henri , Prince Charles and Princess Margaret were all mentioned but do not appear.
- 4 weeks have passed since the last episode.
- Baby John Philip makes a short appearance.
- Renaude and Kenna are in a confirmed relationship.
- Sebastian and Sister Delphine are in a confirmed relationship.
- Narcisse and Lola shared their first consensual kiss.
- Greer and Leith are confirmed broken up.
- Lola's nannies are also spies for Queen Catherine, possibly part of her Flying Squad.
- General Renaude's son, Bertraud Renaude was taken the year earlier during The Battle of Calais where Prince Francis and Leith Bayard both fought.
- Toulouse is taken captive by Louis Condé and his men.
- Queen Catherine revealed Francis has another younger sister, (Princess Margaret) and 2 younger brothers.
- Sebastian killed at least 4 people on-screen during the Siege.
- King Francis killed at least 2 people on-screen during the Siege, and ordered the death of a few dozen.
- Louis Condé openly declares war with King Francis, with the backing of England, and creating Civil War within France. The French Wars of Religion continues.
- The episode title was released on March 26, 2015.
- Adelaide Kane had to learn real calligraphy after being cast on Reign. That is her real hand writing when writing to Louis Condé.
- Toulouse is a real city in France, and the capital of it's southern region.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Toby Regbo||King Francis|
|Celina Sinden||Greer Castleroy|
|Caitlin Stasey||Lady Kenna|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Sean Teale||Louis Condé|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Vincent Nappo||General Renaude|
|Alexandra Ordolis||Sister Delphine|
|Michael Dufays||Condé's Lieutenant|
|Krystina Bojanowski||Lola's Nanny|
|John Fleming||Munition's Guards #1|
|Darry Flatmas||Royal Riding Guard|
|Tayves Fiddis||Castle Guard|
|Mathew Bradley||Francis's Guard|
|Brandon Tarzcy||Bertraud Renaude|