|The Hound and the Hare|
|Season Three, Episode 7|
|Air date||December 4, 2015|
|Written by|| Bo Yeon Kim |
|Directed by||Anne Wheeler|
Fight or Flight
- " You see Mary, we’ve broken the Prince of Spain, the wrath of his father will reign down upon us."
- —Queen Catherine
Mary Must Decide Who She Can Trust
When Prince Don Carlos of Spain visits France, Mary uncovers a dark secret he is hiding and enlists in Catherine to advise her on how to handle. When Gideon, the new ambassador from English court arrives, suspicions arise about what his true intentions are, while Bash’s pursuit of the mysterious killer comes to a head at Greer’s tavern.
Queen Mary: Is that it? Our courtship is over. Was I wrong in thinking it was going well?
Queen Mary: No matter what you might think, I can’t just force men to fall in love with me.
Gideon Blackburn: (After carrying Mary, before putting her down) Your light as a feather, I swear!
Leith Bayard: My men will be stationed throughout the tavern, posing as customers.
Whore: (Points at Leith) That customer's mine.
Queen Catherine: If I cannot disprove these charges I will swing from a rope.
Queen Mary: Are you wearing mink-lined boots?
Queen Catherine: Well if I have to run I want to look good doing it.
Greer: Love is never simple. Not that I'm any expert.
Queen Catherine: It’s his skull , it cracked. He impaired it on the back of that thing.
Queen Mary: We have to get help.
Queen Catherine: Uhh it’s too late- He’s dead. You see Mary, we’ve broken the Prince of Spain, the wrath of his father will reign down upon us.
- King Francis, King Henry, King Philip, King Charles, James Stuart, Lady Kenna and Martin de Lambert are all mentioned but do not appear.
- Don Carlos and Mary have a mutual attraction for one another, and both expected an engagement.
- Don Carlos brought up the rumours of Queen Elizabeth being a man, that were started bt Amy Dudley. 
- Leith Bayard reveals to Greer that he and Princess Claude have entered into a relationship.
- Greer is revealed to be pregnant by an unknown man, presumably Martin de Lambert.
- Don Carlos stated earlier he had been courting Archduchess Anna of Austria after leaving Queen Elizabeth's court weeks earlier. 
- Mary Stuart suggested wedding Eric of Sweden and Frederick of Denmark both Crown Prince's and Kings respectively, as they had already asked for her hand.
- The episode images and title were released on November 6, 2015.
- The episode Synopsis was released on November 12, 2015.
- Rachel Skarsten, Rose Williams and Charlie Carrick are all credited, but do not appear.
- Historically, Don Carlos has a strange sexual fetish, however, it didn't occur until after his head injury.
- Don Carlos didn't have his head injury for another 2 years in 1562 when he was 17.
- Archduchess Anna of Austria was 32 years old in 1560, and had already married 14 years earlier with several children already. Don Carlos would have only been 15.
- Eric XIV of Sweden would have been 27, to Mary, Queen of Scots' 18. He also only became King that year.
- Eric XIV of Sweden who was considered attractive at the time, tried to court Queen Elizabeth for several yeas without success. He also did propose to Mary, Queen of Scots, but she also declined. He was declined by 3 other noble women, but eventually married in 1567 to his 'mistress'.
- Frederick II of Denmark would have been 26 and became the king of Denmark and Norway only one year earlier. He also didn't marry for another 12 years.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Mark Ghanimé||Don Carlos|
|Blair Williams||Cardinal Morel|
|Morgan David Jones||Jeffrey|
|Eleni Nico||Whore #1|
|Camille Hollett-French||Whore #2|