|Spiders In a Jar|
|Season Three, Episode 18|
|Air date||June 20, 2016|
|Written by||Laurie McCarthy|
|Directed by||Deborah Chow|
With Friends Like These
- "Protect my son! tell John I love him. Tell him everyday!"
- —Lady Lola
Mary makes a bold move to defend her reign in Scotland, which results in a battle royale with her cousin, Elizabeth. Lola is accused of a heinous crime and suffers the drastic consequences. Meanwhile, back in France, Catherine finds that Charles has returned a changed man after paying a price for his mother’s relentless quest for power.
Sebastian: Where are you going?
Mary Stuart: To show John Knox that Queens do not bow to their subjects. It is in-fact, quite the other way around.
Mary Stuart: And may God, and your Queen. Have mercy of your soul.
Lady Lola: Please go. While I still have the courage to say goodbye.
Queen Catherine: Leith protect my daughter. May you cling to each other. May you have a long and happy life. I give you my blessing to wed.
Princess Claude: If you go on this mision. I’ll stop loving you!
Leith Bayard: You can do that. Just like that?
Princess Claude: Yes. Ask anyone. I’m as fickle as they come.
Leith Bayard: I suppose that does change things. Before, I had reason to return home quickly and all in one piece.
Sebastian: You murdered the man who took Francis from you.
Lady Lola: Protect my son! Tell John I love him. Tell him everyday!
Lady Lola: Stéphane. Let me go.
John Knox: If you care about your sister, don’t give her reason to misstep.
James Stuart: And if I care about my sister, what do I do about you!
Queen Catherine: My dearest son, you can’t hug your big brother whenever you like. He’s king. At the moment.
John Knox: Scotland could be the first true democracy since the Greeks!
- King Francis, King James V, Amy Dudley, Munro, Nostradamus, and Prince Henri were all mentioned, but do not appear.
- Queen Elizabeth survived an assassination attempt on her life.
- Robert Dudley is married to Lettice Knollys.
- Leith Bayard was stabbed by one of The Red Knights.
- Mary Stuart and Gideon Blackburn once again consummated their relationship.
- Prince Henri makes his first apperance since Season One.
- This marks the end of Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting. As Lola and Aylee have both died, and Kenna and Greer have left to raise their children.
- Sebastian mentioned seeing a little girl during The Black Plague, from 2 years ago. 
- The episode Synopsis was released on June 3rd, 2016.
- This marks Torrance Coombs, and Anna Popplewell last appearances as series regulars.
- Spencer MacPherson was upgraded to Guest Starring.
- Celina Sinden was credited, but did not appear.
- Real and fake images of Edinburgh Castle were used for the exterior shots.
- Adelaide Kane, Megan Follows and Torrance Coombs are the only 3 actors to appear in every episode of Season One, Two and Three of Reign.
- Robert Dudley did marry Lettice Knollys but not for another 17 years, on 21 September 1578.
- Executioners sometimes ask for forgiveness from whoever they were about to behead. As was the case for Anne Boleyn, right before her beheading.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Charlie Carrick||Robert Dudley|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|Jonathan Goad||John Knox|
|Jefferson Brown||Scottish Assassin|
|Dan Jeannotte||James Stuart|
|Lewis Kirk||Martel de Guise|
|Tomaso Sanelli||Prince Henri|
|Brandon McGibbon||Father Ashby|
|Lucy Parker Byrne||Melaniee|