|Season Three, Episode 8|
|Air date||January 8, 2016|
|Written by|| Gretchen J. Berg |
|Directed by||Lee Rose|
The Hound and the Hare
- "I have endured many trials. But nothing as painful
as having to look upon the corpse of my decaying
first born son."
- —Queen Catherine
Mary Realizes She Must Marry For The Good of Scotland
As Mary and Catherine deal with the aftermath of Prince Don Carlos’ accident, Mary realizes that she will have to marry for the good of her country and not follow her heart. When Catherine is accused of poisoning Francis, Lola is shocked when Mary thinks Narcisse framed Catherine in order to become Regent of France.
Queen Mary: What if he dies?!
Queen Catherine: You just pray that’s exactly what happens to him!
Queen Catherine: We were here! We were playing a game of chess- which I won.
Queen Catherine: It’s not what Francis wanted, or what France needs.
Queen Catherine: From the moment you were born, our relationship has been complicated...We live in a word that undervalues woman. I may be guilty of favouring my sons over my daughters.
Queen Catherine: And when you are wed, and you leave this home, it will break my heart.
Queen Catherine: You are offering me a kindness, a consideration I have rarely shown to you over the years.
Queen Mary: It’s a miracle!... And our downfall.
Queen Catherine: There is but one solution. We must kill Don Carlos ourselves.
Queen Catherine: That is not a strategy.
Queen Mary: No it’s the truth.
Queen Mary: Those particular Scotts may serve France. But they obey me. Their Queen!.
Lord Narcisse What is power, without love.
Lord Narcisse Please God. Let it end here.
Queen Catherine: I have endured many trials. But nothing as painful as having to look upon the corpse of my decaying first born son.
- Queen Elizabeth, King Francis, King Philip, James Stuart, John Philip and Delphine were all mentioned, but do not appear.
- Don Carlos has suffered a serious head and brain injury.
- Lola is contacted by her mother after her family disowned her far having John Philip out of wedlock. 
- Lola is revealed to have a mother, father, and three brother, however previously it was revealed Lola and Fredrick Fleming were the only surviving member of their family. 
- Queen Marry receives a new Scottish Advisor in Lord Cunningham.
- Queen Catherine relies on the aid of two of her Flying Squad ladies.
- Lord Narcisse murdered his scribe to keep his secret from Lola.
- Don Carlos and Mary are formally engaged.
- Narcisse and Lola have separated.
- The episode Synopsis, images and title were released on December 16, 2015.
- Rachel Skarsten, Jonathan Keltz and Charlie Carrick were all credited, but did not appear.
- Don Carlos was the sole heir of Spain in 1560. His sister, Isabella Clara Eugenia wasn't born until 1566, and his youngest brother Philip who eventually became king of Spain, wasn't born until 1578.
- The next king of Spain was, King Phillip III who married Anna of Austria. Possibly the same woman Don Carlos was trying to wed from The Hound and the Hare.
- Don Carlos didn't have his head injury for another 2 years in 1562 when he was 17, however, it did leave him mentally handicapped.
- Lola's father and brother were taken prisoners by the English. Mary Fleming was born in 1542, the same year her father was taken prisoner by the English at The Battle of Solway Moss.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Mark Ghanimé||Don Carlos|
|Giles Paton||Lord Cunningham|
|Blair Williams||Cardinal Morel|
|Richard De Klerk||Duke of Alba|
|Robert Dodds||Court Physician|
|Bruno Verdoni||Mysteries Man|