|No Way Out|
|Season Three, Episode 12|
|Air date||May 2, 2016|
|Written by||Wendy Riss Gatsiounis|
|Directed by||Fred Gerber|
- "I’m not your wife. I won’t be frightened into your arms
by a dead rat, or a dead Cardinal!"
- —Queen Catherine
Mary Must Find a Way Back to Scotland
Mary might have to sacrifice her cousin’s life to save her own, as she and Gideon find themselves in unchartered emotional territory. Catherine’s past returns to haunt her, while Lola and Elizabeth become unlikely allies.
Queen Mary: The Vatican has refused to fund my mission to reclaim my throne. Respectfully. Gideon I have lost everything. My mother, my husband, now my country and not even Rome will help me get it back.
Queen Catherine: Just remember. Enjoy him, but never trust him. If forced to take a side. Gideon will always choose Elizabeth.
Princess Claude: What’s this play about?
Sebastian: It’s a comedy about royals.
King Charles: I hear the princess is worth looking at.
Queen Catherine: I’m not your wife. I won’t be frightened into your arms by a dead rat, or a dead Cardinal!
Gideon Blackburn: A relationship born is deceit often dies there.
Robert Dudley: How could you do this to me? Marry me off your your rival? Your enemy. You know I love you!
Queen Elizabeth: I know. And I believe you’ll be loyal to me until the day you die.
Robert Dudley: Then Why?
Queen Elizabeth: To save you. Live in France with her, live in Scotland, I don’t care. But live. You will always have my heart.
Lady Lola: I know we’ve not yet discussed personal matters. But I will tell you something about my husband. I receive a letter from him nearly everyday. And I haven’t read one. They remain unopened, in a pile. Because he lied to me, and I deploy him. Even so. Without him the nights are long, and lonely. I can’t image what the night must be without the man you truly love.
- King Francis, William Cecil, King Henry and John Philip were all mentioned but do not appear.
- John Knox and Henry Hastings were both mentioned.
- The House of Medici and House of Valois were both mentioned.
- Mary Stuart returned from The Vatican with money and reinforcements.
- William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream is referenced, but wasn't written for another 30 years.
- Robert Dudley has been titled Earl of Lester and received new lands.
- Queen Elizabeth decided to make Queen Mary of Scots her successor, and Mary has agreed.
- Gideon and Mary consummated their relationship.
- Cardinal Morel's body was finally discovered. 
- Robert Dudley and Mary Stuart are officially engaged.
- Lady Lola admitted she is not deeply in love with Lord Narcisse.
- The Red Knights are introduced.
- The episode images were released on April 8, 2016.
- Jonathan Keltz was credited, but does not appear.
- Queen Elizabeth was never poisoned while on the throne.
- Henry Hastings was a Puritan nobleman. Educated alongside the young King Edward Tudor, he was briefly imprisoned by Queen Mary Tudor, and was considered as a potential successor to Queen Elizabeth. He strongly opposed the plot to marry Mary, Queen of Scots to Thomas Howard, and was entrusted by Elizabeth to see that Mary did not escape during the Rising of the North in 1569.
- John Knox was a Scottish clergyman who was a leader of the Protestant Reformation. He was born in 1513 and lived to be 59. In 1564 he married Margaret Stewart a distant relative of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream was written between 1590 and 1597 with small complimentary references towards Queen Elizabeth.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Charlie Carrick||Robert Dudley|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Gord Rand||The Baker|
|Juan Chioran||Archbishop Ridolfi|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|David Patrick Flemming||Council Member|
|Macy Drouin||Agatha Blackburn|
|Morgan David Jones||Jeffery|