|Mary and Darnley's Wedding|
|Date:||29 July 1565|
|In Honour of:|| Queen Mary|
|In Attendance:|| Queen Catherine of France |
|Description:||Celebrting the union between House Tudor andStuart|
The Wedding of Mary and Darnley took place in Scotland in early Spring in the year 1565.
- Mary Stuart is revealed she was pregnant with Lord Darnley's child to Queen Catherine prior to her wedding.
- King Darnley's Coronation took place a month after his wedding to Queen Mary.
- History's Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley were married on On 29 July 1565 in Mary's private chapel at Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Mary, Queen of Scots's second husband, Lord Darnley demanded The Crown Matrimonial.
- Mary, Queen of Scots's brother James Stuart attending both of Mary's weddings.
- Not long after their marriage, King Darnley grew arrogant. Not content with his position as King Consort, he demanded The Crown Matrimonial, which would have made him a co-sovereign of Scotland with the right to keep the Scottish throne for himself if he outlived his wife. Mary, Queen of Scots refused his request, and their marriage grew strained even though they conceived a child by October 1565.
|Pictures for this character from each episode they appear in are available here.|
Pages: Historical Events | Historical References | Historical Timeline