|Mary and Darnley|
|Real Names:|| Queen Mary |
|Ages:||23 & 20|
|Length of Relationship:||
|First appearance:||With Friends Like These|
- "I made you King. But we will never be equals."
- —Queen Mary
(To Lord Darnley)
Mary Stuart: All though I am curious. Have you already named our children? Or did you leave that part for me?
James Stuart: Well, I hope one of them will be called James. After our father. 
Mary Stuart: I’ll be honest Lord Darnley. I did nor expect to like you. But I do. 
Lord Darnley: If I am King for only as long as you live, then I say long live the Queen. 
(To Queen Mary)
James Stuart: He does have his father’s history to overcome. You knew that when you chose him.
Lord Darnley: Chose me like a prized pony. 
Lord Darnley: I do have a first name, you know. It’s Henry.
Mary Stuart: Darnley…
Lord Darnley: Darnley it is then. 
Lord Darnley: I let you win that race.
Mary Stuart: Oh really Lord Darnley. I was unaware that your crushing defeat was an act of charity. 
Lord Darnley: How dare you? I defied the Queen of England for you.
Mary Stuart: You loved it!
Lord Darnley: I did! 
Lord Darnley: I’m going to be your husband.
Mary Stuart: I had a husband! and I loved him and he was murdered in cold blood before my eyes. 
Lord Darnley: Before I met you, I loved someone. In that way that should have lasted a lifetime. 
Queen Mary: Darnley is a better man than you think.
James Stuart: Really. Who told you that. Darnley? 
Queen Mary: You will be my husband in name only. I will never be happy. And I will never forgive you. 
Queen Mary: Are you actually threatening your wife, and Queen when I'm carrying our child?! 
King Darnley: I will be a true King. And we will finally be equals.
Queen Mary: I made you King. But we will never be equals. 
- Queen Mary's first wedding was to Prince Francis in a lavish wedding ceremony.  She became Queen of France after King Francis' Coronation. 
- Queen Mar was pregnant with Francis' child, but lost it soon after. 
- Prince Charles agreed to wed Mary after his brother's passing. 
- Francis and Mary agreed, if they had children they would name them 'Anne' and 'James'. 
- Don Carlos and Mary were formally engaged, but called it off two hours before their wedding.  
- Queen Mary considering marrying King Eric of Sweden twice.
- Robert Dudley and Mary were officially engaged for 2-3 months before it was called off. 
- Queen Mary and Lord Darnley consumated their engagment, soon after agreeing to it. 
- Mary Stuart secretly discovered she was pregnant with Darnley's child.   
- Mary had her second wedding to Lord Darnley.
- Mary's real title was Mary I of Scotland, or Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Lord Darnley's real name was Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley.
- Mary Stuart was born December 8, 1542 and became Queen on December 14, when she was 6 days old.
- Mary, Queen of Scots was actually 5'11, and a redhead.
- Mary was briefly engaged to Prince Edward of England when she was 6 months old, and for an even shorter time considered for King Philip of Spain's first son, Don Carlos who was 4 years her junior.
- Matthew Lennox was Lord Darnley's father. He was second cousins once removed to King James V, and (at best) third in line of succession for the Scottish Crown. He spent most of his youth in exile in England, but returned to Scotland to assert his claims to the line of succession when King James V died in 1542.
- Lord Darnley does have Tudor Blood in him, through his mother Lady Lennox.
- Mary, Queen of Scots had briefly met her English-born first cousin Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley in February 1561 when she was in mourning for King Francis II. Darnley's parents, Lord and Lady Lennox, who were Scottish aristocrats as well as English landowners, had sent him to France ostensibly to extend their condolences while hoping for a potential match between the two.
- Mary returned to Scotland after King Francis II's death when she was 18.
- Their son's godparents were King Charles IX of France, Queen Elizabeth I of England.
- Not long after their marriage, King Darnley grew arrogant. Not content with his position as king Consort, he demanded The Crown Matrimonial, which would have made him a co-sovereign of Scotland with the right to keep the Scottish throne for himself if he outlived his wife. Mary, Queen of Scots refused his request, and their marriage grew strained even though they conceived a child by October 1565.
- By March 1566, King Darnley had entered into a secret conspiracy with Protestant lords, including the nobles who had rebelled against Mary, Queen of Scots in the Chaseabout Raid.
- Mary, Queen of Scots was 7 months pregnant, and was held at gunpoint while David Rizzio was stabbed 56 times by King Darnley, and his friends.
- War of the Rough Wooing Matthew Lennox soon married Lady Margaret Douglas, daughter of Margaret Tudor and half-sister of the deceased King James V. When the Parliament of Scotland rejected the Greenwich treaty, Lennox changed sides and supported King Henry VIII of England's military efforts to secure a marriage between in the War of the Rough Wooing. After the defeat of his supporters at the Battle of Glasgow Muir, he fled once more to England.
|With Friends Like These||A Grain Of Deception||Leaps of Faith||Playing With Fire||Highland Games||Love & Death||Hanging Swords||Unchartered Waters|
|Pulling Strings||A Better Man||Dead of Night||The Shakedown||Coup de Grace||A Bride. A Box. A Body.||Blood in the Water||All It Cost Her|