|Love & Death|
|Season Four, Episode 6|
|Air date||March 23, 2017|
|Written by|| Drew Lindo|
Wendy Riss Gatsiounis
|Directed by||Megan Follows|
- "Before I met you, I loved someone. In that way that should have lasted a lifetime."
- —Lord Darnley
Mary Grapples With The Aftermath of Her Decision
Queen Mary must deal with the political repercussions of a potential marriage to Lord Darnley and King Charles disappears, leaving Queen Catherine to pick up the pieces. Queen Elizabeth comes to Gideon’s aid, while Princess Claude receives an interesting proposition.
Lord Darnley: I let you win that race.
Mary Stuart: Oh really Lord Darnley. I was unaware that your crushing defeat was an act of charity.
Lord Darnley: How dare you, didn't you notice that I defied the queen of England for you!?
Mary Stuart: Oh, you enjoyed it.
Lord Darnley: I did!
Leith Bayard: Pay me what I ask. And their future is secure.
Lord Narcisse: Look how far you’ve come. Trading your heart to rise in station. I’ll draw up the papers.
Leith Bayard: I wanted to hate Luc, but he's a good man. And he's your husband. I'm not.
Leith Bayard: I feel a poison in my heart. How long until I give into it?
Leith Bayard: We never got to see that vineyard in Tuscany.
Princess Claude: What if we met there? A year from tonight. Leith, in a year, everything will be different. I'll have an heir, I-I'll never have to be with Luc again.
Leith Bayard: Claude...
Princess Claude: I won’t fall in love with him. I promise!! Please have faith in me.
Leith Bayard: I'll try.
Lord Darnley: I’m going to be your husband.
Mary Stuart: I had a husband! and I loved him and he was murdered in cold blood before my eyes.
Lord Darnley: Before I met you, I loved someone. In that way that should've lasted a lifetime, but it didn't. And when I lost her I thought I'd never feel again, and yet here I am. Here we are.As king and queen, our lives will always be in peril.
We're gonna be in danger no matter whether we're together or not. Because of who we are, Mary, because of our blood.
Mary Stuart: Elizabeth will keep coming after us.
Mary Stuart: Let her come .Let the danger come.
- King Charles, King Francis, King Henry, King Philip, Lord Castleroy and Martel de Guise were all mentioned but do not appear.
- Two weeks have passed since the last episode Highland Games.
- When Mary and Darnley are riding togeter the theme song from Season One can be heard.
- Lord Darnley's hand is still bandaged from when it was smashed in the pub before his fight with Lord Taylor. 
- Rose Castleroy makes another appearance.
- Queen Catherine compared the situation with Leith Bayard and Claude and Luc, to her three way-marriage with King Henry and his mistress Diane de Poitiers.   
- Leith Bayard asked for 10,000 livres from Lord Narcisse and the lands King Francis originally gave to him before he stole them.  
- Claude and Leith break up, because Leith decides to leave French Court.
- Mary and Darnley consummate their relationship. Twice.
- Jonathan Goad and Spencer MacPherson were both credited but no not appear.
- Megan Follows (Queen Catherine) directs this episode.
- This is Megan Follows second time directing . She previously directed Bruises That Lie in Season Three.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Queen Mary|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Dan Jeannotte||James Stuart|
|Will Kemp||Lord Darnley|
|Anastasia Phillips||Queen Leeza|
|Steve Lund||Luc Narcisse|
|Jason Cadieux||Viktor Koslov|
|Macy Drouin||Agatha Blackburn|
|Sara Garcia||Lady Keira|