|Long Live The King|
|Season One, Episode 21|
|Air date||May 8, 2014|
|Written by|| Wendy Riss and |
|Directed by||Jeremiah Chechik|
Slaughter Of Innocence
- "I can't think about myself. We need to think like
- —Queen Catherine
Events Reach A Breaking Point When The King's Madness Puts Francis In Grave Danger
Mary and Catherine form an unlikely alliance when deciding how to deal with the increasingly manic King Henry, which puts Francis in jeopardy. Bash finds a boy who lived to tell about his encounter with the Darkness, which makes Bash determined to end it for good at any cost. Lord Julien reveals the truth about his motives, and Lola, blinded by love, finds herself in a dire situation after she attempts to protect him. - The CW
Mary Stuart: You're a very imaginative murderer.
Queen Catherine: Don’t get sentimental about a father who was never sentimental about you.
Queen Catherine: I can't think about myself. We need to think like Queens now.
Queen Catherine: We cannot save Henry, but we can save those men!
Lady Kenna: Bash, I am of many things. Enchanting, noble, beautiful...
Prince Francis: You have already achieved the glory, now do the good!
- 'Long Live The King' is a reference to what is said when a new King is crowned. 
- Olivia D'Amencourt, Leith Bayard, Lord Castleroy, Mary Tudor, and Elizabeth Tudor, Duke Francis and Francis of Valois were all mentioned in this episode, but do not appear.
- King Henry revealed he had an older brother named Duke Francis.
- Between Toy Soldiers and Long Live the king, at least 6 months have passed. 
- Mary Tudor has died, and Elizabeth Tudor is to rule.
- Pascal first brings up Visaguard
- Lola inadvertently killed Lord Bartos  
- Lola and Lord Julien's house is set on fire, and burned to the ground.
- Adelaide Kane wore an Emilio Pucci Black Embellished Lace Gown and a Custom Made Nude Leaf Printed Overlay Dress by the Costume Department.
- A young King Henry and his older brother Duke Francis were indeed traded by their own father in 1525 as replacement hostages and held in Spain by King Charles V for 3 years until Henry was about 10 years old.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Toby Regbo||Prince Francis|
|Celina Sinden||Greer Norwood|
|Caitlin Stasey||Lady Kenna|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Alan van Sprang||King Henry|
|Gil Darnell||Duke of Guise|
|Geordie Johnson||Lord Bartos|
|Giacomo Gianniotti||Lord Julien|
|Brittany Gray||Lady Gabrielle|
|Brendan Cox||Duke Francis|
|Katherine Barrell||Pretty Servant Girl|
|Massimo Fraschetti||Alter Boy|
|Max White||Beefy Guard|