|Real Name:||Leith Bayard|
|Title:|| King's Guard
|Born:||17 May 1541|
|Family:||Unnamed Father & Mother|
|Interests:|| Yvette Castleroy†(Former)|
Claude de Valois
Greer Norwood (Former)
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of France|
|Portrayed by:||Jonathan Keltz|
- "Saint Michael. He slew Lucifer, who's sold vanity, pride and shame. Which, is why we wear these masks. So on this one day, No one
is better than anyone else. We're all the same."
- —Leith Bayard
Leith Bayard is a former member of the kitchen staff for the Kingdom
of France. He later became a soldier and fought for Calais, and become a friend of the then, Dauphin of France, after saving his life.
Leith is known to be charming, sweet and a little cheeky. He is also a devoted man, willing to do anything for the people he loves.
Leith Bayard was raised on a farm. However, after an experience of being chased by a goat, he decided that he preferred indoor work more than to that of working with animals. Despite his work, he still goes home at least once a year in winter, presumably Christmas, to see his parents.
- Main Article: Leith, Season One
Greer of Kinross finds her way to the kitchen and begins instructing Leith on what she wants from him. Leith tells her he knows how to bake food, and she tells him she wants apple tart since strawberry's aren't in season. Leith tells her he knows what he's doing and that she can go. She asks who will read the list to him, and he smiles and tells her he's fine, and she reluctantly leaves the kitchen and its staff to go with Mary Stuart
That night at the Boating Party Greer is caught by Leith in the kitchen crying. Though he doesn’t catch on right away and teases her until she breaks down crying.
Later Greer in much happier now as she is smiling with the kitchen boy Leith while eating the food he made earlier. Greer tells him of her father's wishes for her and must marry up. Leith suddenly kisses her and Greer gets upset. Reminding him of his post and hers.
The next morning Greer give a backer their request, and as he politely tells her 'he'll take care of it' Greer sneaks a peak at Leith. He greets her and she blushes and leaves. While he’s kneading bread he rubs his cheek and gets a white flour mark on it.
Leith notices one of the king's guards harassing a young woman, so he intervenes, referring to her as "darling" in order to get the soldier to leave, which proves successful.
He explains to her, Yvette how all his life he has seen people forced into things they don't want. Yvette, clearly attracted to him, asks him to share a drink with her so he can tell her all about it. He respectfully declines, saying he is looking for someone else (Greer). She is disappointed, remarking how sad his words were.
A couple days later, Yvette is sitting by herself when Leith joins her. They formally introduce one another by name. Leith asks her if she remembers him, to which she replies how could she forget.
Leith offers to have that drink now. Yvette is flattered but also intrigued, asking him what changed. Leith simply replies he wasn't thirsty before but is now (in truth Greer spurned him, saying even though she loved him she still couldn't marry him).
Yvette tells him she is meeting someone else now. Jokingly he calls her a heartbreaker. She says, "Not at all. And don't you be one either". She then stand and they say their good-byes.
Both remain unaware of their respective relationships with Greer and Lord Castleroy.
- Leith is very well educated, a rare ability for the 16th-century commoner. He can read, has bible verses memorized, and is able to give the history of Saint Michael during the The Michaelmas Banquette. 
- Offscreen since Left Behind where he murdered someone for Greer, until The Darkness where he is offered an apprenticeship in Spain.
- Greer secretly broke up with Leith by getting him an apprenticeship with Lord Castleroy. 
- Leith's first kill was while the castle was held hostage by a group of Italian men. Since then he has killed up to two dozen English soldiers while at war. 
- After Leith saved Francis's life, and once they get back at court, Francis gives Leith some titles and lands. It's not made clear how much, but Leith is now a noble.
- The land's he received from King Francis are taken away by Lord Narcisse, resulting in him getting the position as King's Guard. 
- Possibly had sexual relations with someone while at King Antoine's party. 
- Promoted to the new position of Captain of the Royal Escort and received his old lands back from Stéphane Narcisse who was charged with embezzlement. 
- Claude and Leith consummate their relationship. 
- Claude and Leith are unofficially engaged,  until they received Queen Catherine blessing. 
- Leith is actually a place in Scotland.
- Jonathan Keltz was updated from a 'Recurring Cast Member' to a Regular for Season Two.
|Pilot||Snakes in the Garden||Kissed||Hearts and Minds||A Chill in the Air||Chosen||Left Behind||Fated||For King and Country||Sacrifice||Inquisition|
|Royal Blood||Consummation||Dirty Laundry||The Darkness||Monsters||Liege Lord||No Exit||Toy Soldiers||Higher Ground||Long Live The King||Slaughter Of Innocence|
|The Plague||Drawn and Quartered||Coronation||The Lamb and the Slaughter||Blood for Blood||Three Queens||The Prince of the Blood||Terror of the Faithful||Acts of War||Mercy||Getaway|
|Banished||Sins of the Past||The End of Mourning||Forbidden||Tasting Revenge||Tempting Fate||Reversal of Fortune||Abandoned||Fugitive||The Siege||Burn|
|Three Queens, Two Tigers||Betrothed||Extreme Measures||The Price||In A Clearing||Fight or Flight||The Hound and the Hare||Our Undoing||Wedlock|
|Bruises That Lie||Succession||No Way Out||Strange Bedfellow||To The Death||Safe Passage||Clans||Intruders||Spiders In a Jar|
|With Friends Like These||A Grain Of Deception||Leaps of Faith||Playing With Fire||Highland Games||Love & Death||Hanging Swords||Unchartered Waters|
|Pulling Strings||A Better Man||Dead of Night||The Shakedown||Coup de Grace||A Bride. A Box. A Body.||Blood in the Water||All It Cost Her|
Pages relating to Leith Bayard are the following:
• Leith Bayard
• Leith and Greer • Leith and Yvette • Leith and Princess Claude
• Leith and King Francis
• Jonathan Keltz