|King James V ♔|
|Real Name:||James Stewart|
|Title:|| King of Scotland|
Prince and Great Steward of Scotland
|Born:||April 10, 1512|
|Dies:||December 14, 1542|
|Originally From:||Linlithgow, Scotland|
|Wife:||Marie de Guise|
|Parents:|| King James IV † (Father)|
Margaret Tudor † (Mother)
|Family:|| King Henry VIII † (Uncle)|
|Children:|| Mary Stuart (Daughter)|
James Stuart (Son)
|Interests:||Lady Margaret Erskine (Mistress)|
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of Scotland|
|First appearance:||Pilot (Mentioned)|
King James V was the King of Scotland for 29 years from September 9, 1513 until his death on December 14, 1542. He was the father of the current monarch of Scotland, Mary Stuart.
James was born to James IV of Scotland and Margaret Tudor, who was the older sister of the King Henry VIII of England.
- Pilot - (Mentioned)
- Consummation - (Mentioned)
- Liege Lord - (Mentioned)
- No Exit - (Mentioned)
- Only legitimate child of James IV to survive infancy.
- Became King at just seventeen months old.
- He ruled Scotland for 29 years.
- He had two wives and three children.
- He asked for the hand of Catherine de' Medici multiple times. He married his first wife Princes Madeleine a few years after Catherine's own marriage to King Henry II.
- His first wife was King Henry II of France's sister, Madeleine of Valois.
- King James, King Francis I of France, the young Prince Henry, and King Henry II of Navarre (Queen Jeanne's father) all went boar-hunting together in 1536, before King James' wedding to Princes Madeleine.
- His marriage to his second wife, Marie de Guise was done via proxy on 12 June 1538.
- His only surviving legitimate child was Mary Stuart, she succeeded him when she was just six days old.
- Legend says that on his deathbed, James was rueful when he discovered his wife had given birth to a girl; Mary was his only surviving legitimate heir, and he believed a woman would bring an end to the empire.
|Heir:||Lands:||Kingdom of Scotland|
|Title(s):||King James Stuart · King of Scotland ·|
|Ancestors:||King James Stuart IV of Scotland · King James V of Scotland · Mary, Queen of Scots|
|Current members:||James Stuart ·|