|King Henry II ♔|
|IRL:||History's King Henry|
|Real Name:||Henry II of France|
|Title:|| King of France|
King Henry II
|Born:||31 March 1519|
|Dies:||10 July 1558|
|Originally From:||Paris, France|
|Wife:||Catherine de' Medici|
|Parents:|| King Francis I (Father)
Claude of France (Mother)
|Family:||Duke Francis † (Brother)|
|Children:|| King Francis † (Son)
Queen Elisabeth (Daughter)
|Interests:|| Diane de Poitiers † (Mistress) |
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of France |
|Portrayed by:||Alan van Sprang|
- "Betraying someone you love, it blackens your soul! It's a weight
you carry, all of your days!...Can I let it go now?"
- —King Henry's last words.
King Henry II was the king of France and ruled over his country with his wife Catherine, their five children, his mistress Diane de Poitiers and their illegitimate son Sebastian. He ruled with a firm fist and did whatever needed to be done to make his country great.
Must See EpisodesEdit
King Henry II of France was a determined, ruthless, and tricky man. He was always out for what was best for France, however, he failed to see the larger picture at times. He once tried to teach his son that as future King he needed to be willing to make lots of deals. Then be willing to break them in favour of something better.
Prince Henry was born in Paris, France, and when he was 14 years old married Catherine de' Medici in an arranged marriage between their two countries. However, Henry was already and continued to see an older woman named, Diane de Poitiers, who he made his official mistress after he was married.
Less than 10 years later, Diane gave birth to the King's first child, an illegitimate son named Sebastian. The next year his wife Catherine gave birth to their first child, the future Dauphin of France, Prince Francis. 3rd in line to the throne. Followed by a daughter named Princess Elisabeth the next year.
Two years later, Henry's father died, and he became the new King of France, making Prince Francis the next-in-line. Years after that, Catherine and Henry had another daughter, Princess Claude, and two more sons, Prince Charles and Prince Henry. They also had three children die, Prince Louis before he was 1, and twin daughter's that were murdered. He and Catherine were no longer as close as they had been in earlier years of their marriage. They became prone to bickering to each other in-front of servants and their children.
Prince Francis walked in, greeting his sister Elisabeth and briefly looks at Natalia Tianná as he meets his bickering parents. The subject of his marriage to Queen Mary Stuart is already on the table. Francis protests his marriage and Henry scoffs at him to grow up and makes a snide remark at his wife. Henry reminds them they want Mary at court as an ally agents the English. Henry leaves the room once his clothing is finished being adjusted by the Royal tailor. Leaving both his son and wife unhappy with him.
- "I'm sure the adult tooth has come in and the opinions you can ignore. Isn't that right Catherine?"
- —King Henry
Trumpets sound at the Scottish Queen's arrival. King Henry arrives with Diane de Poitiers and his son Sebastian by his side. Before Mary can greet the Royals she is stopped by Francis who cuts across the grass to meet her where she stands. They exchange hellos, and Francis and Mary walk arm-in-arm down the line of castle members towards the King and Queen of France for a proper introduction.
That evening at Elizabeth and Philip's Wedding everyone is celebrating with a grand party as Princess Elisabeth and King Philip have their first dance, before everyone joins in. Henry watches Lady Kenna dancing in the middle of the floor intently. Much to Diane's annoyance. Soon after Henry finds Kenna and requested to be close to her to wish she obliges as he brings his hand under her dress as they make out.
Mary seeks an audience in front of the king and Queen of France after Colin MacPhail attempted to rape her the night before. Requesting to speak to him herself. They both encourage her it's a bad idea, and Catherine tells her not to give mercy as the man tried to rape her. Mary demands to see her subject, but King Henry tells her it's too late, as he had already been exacted for his crimes at dawn.
In The Throne Room Catherine and Henry were talking to Prince Charles about his arraigned marriage. Francis was ordered to go to along, to show respect to the young Lady Madeleine who would be traveling by ship. Marry gained herself an invite, much to Henry's amusement.
That afternoon Catherine and Henry informed Mary about the runaway Colin. Claiming that he'd been working with the English. Mary requested to see Colin once he'd been found. After King Henry questions his wife's orders. Why he'd not been informed until that morning and demanded when Colin was found, he be brought to him right away.
The next day at Charles and Madeleine's Engagement Party, Henry and Catherine walked arm-in-arm, but Catherine was soon discouraged when Henry began his flirtatious behavior towards other women in front of her. Hours later, King Henry left the part to find Lady Kenna, asking if she would think about being with him.
- "As King I've learned when to be very clear about when to state my terms."
- —King Henry
The next night at court the sexually frustrated Henry watched Lady kenna as she flirted with men around her, including Robert playing cards. Henry approaches Kenna and wanted to know why Kenna won't be with him, and is informs, people like Robert are the people she needs to spend her time. Men that are available and she can marry, and can't be associated with him as his mistress.
That night Kenna opens her door to find King Henry with Robert. He immediately asks Robert if he will take Lady Kenna as his bride to which the shocked Robert agrees before being sent him away. He assures Kenna that being with him doesn't close doors, it opens them. They share a passionate kiss.
- "Will you take Lady Kenna as your bride? No questions asked. Because it is a union blessed by your King."
- —King Henry
Henry was very annoyed he had to deal with his wife once again about her funeral arrangements. It was turning out to be a very expensive thing for him indeed. It was costing him gold and silver, musicians, and a lot of money on food. Before they could finish their conversation, the Scottish Queen's mother, Marie de Guise had just arrived.
Hour’s later in the afternoon a messenger rOde with news of the English Queen. Henry gathered everyone in the throne room AND informed them the English Queen was dead. She had not named a successor, so he demanded Mary lay claim to Britain, and demanded Mary Stuart choose a husband to marry that night. But she refused.
Frustrated Henry retired to his chambers. His servant informed him Kenna wished to see him. Not in the mood to deal with her he told his servant to send her away, but was informed she was naked under her robe. He allowed her entrance. Kenna began seducing him, whilst requesting to know why he had not found her a suitor. She promised she would continue to be his mistress even after she was married. All he had to do was introduce her to a suitor, once a week until she found one she liked and promised if he did that for her, she would do things for him. With that, she took off her clothes.
Hours later, Henry was told the Scottish Queen had picked a husband. She had chosen Prince Frances to wed. He arranged they be married that night, in a beautiful wedding with the flowers and food from Catherine's canceled funeral.
Before the consummation ceremony began, Henry grabbed his other son Sebastian. Wanting him to remember what was, and was not his. He coldly bond his son's hands behind his back and forced him to watch the Consummation ceremony between his brother and Mary.
- Diane de Poitiers and King Henry were together before he married Queen Catherine.,
- Has several mistresses in 'Barnay' and has been mentioned to have a couple illegitimate children there.
- King Henry has orchestrated the deaths of the Queen's Hitman, beheaded a guard, pushed two women out of a window  , strangled a prostitute , stabbed a man during prayer, stabbed a man in court  and inadvertently had two dozen soldiers blown up .
- King Henry has ordered the death of Sebastian twice,   and that of Francis once. 
- King Henry has had sexual relations with Queen Catherine, Diane de Poitiers, Lady Kenna, Archduchess of Bohemia, a maid, a prostitute, and Penelope all within a year and a half.
- Secretly murdered by his son Francis who pretended to be Lord Montgomery at a jousting competition. 
- King Henry's death marked the 55th death of Season One. 
- His wife, Queen Catherine, discovered he had been poisoned by his personal bible, and that is what caused him to go mad. .
- Queen Catherine eventually reveals she knew her son Francis killed King Henry after he went mad. .
- Had an affair with his twin daughter's nanny, and died believing her absence to be with him that night caused their deaths. However they had been murdered by his mistress Diane de Poitiers. .
- King Antoine had the poison sprayed onto King Henry's bible..
- Both King Henry VIII of England and King Henry II of France were the 2nd born sons, however, once their older brothers died at a young age they became the king of their respected countries.
- Henry and his older brother were traded by their father as hostages to Spain's Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor in 1525 for 3 years, and were released when he was around 10.
- His father, King Francis I built Château de Chambord for his own personal hunting trips.
- King Henry II and the Duke of Guise were actually childhood friends.
- King Henry II and Catherine de' Medici were married when they were both 14.
- His, sister, Madeleine of Valois, was the first wife of Mary, Queen of Scots' father, King James V.
- Became King when he was 28 and ruled for 12 years.
- Henry and Catherine had 10 children together, 7 of whom made it to adulthood.
- Henry had 3 illegitimate children from different mistresses, but none by Diane de Poitiers.
- King James V of Scotland, King Francis I of France, himslef, and King Henry II of Navarre (Queen Jeanne's father) all went boar-hunting together in 1536, before King James' wedding to Princes Madeleine.
- His mistress, Filippa Duci had his 1st child in 1538. 44 years later she became a lady-in-waiting to his wife.
- Mistress, Lady Janet Stewart was Mary, Queen of Scots' half-aunt, being her father's half-sister, and had an illegitimate son King Henry II. She also had a daughter, Mary Fleming, by her husband who became one of 'The Four Marys' as a lady-in-waiting to Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Has an illegitimate son with one of Mary, Queen of Scots' Ladies, Mary Fleming's mother in 1551.
- The show killed King Henry off a year early. He died in 1559, not 1558.
- Accidentally killed by Lord Montgomery is a jousting competition.
- His illegitimate daughter Diane de France brought Catherine's remains brought back to Paris for her.
|Pilot||Snakes in the Garden||Kissed||Hearts and Minds||A Chill in the Air||Chosen||Left Behind||Fated||For King and Country||Sacrifice||Inquisition|
|Royal Blood||Consummation||Dirty Laundry||The Darkness||Monsters||Liege Lord||No Exit||Toy Soldiers||Higher Ground||Long Live The King||Slaughter Of Innocence|
|The Plague||Drawn and Quartered||Coronation||The Lamb and the Slaughter||Blood for Blood||Three Queens||The Prince of the Blood||Terror of the Faithful||Acts of War||Mercy||Getaway|
|Banished||Sins of the Past||The End of Mourning||Forbidden||Tasting Revenge||Tempting Fate||Reversal of Fortune||Abandoned||Fugitive||The Siege||Burn|
Pages relating to King Henry are the following:
|King:||Charles Valois||Queen:||Catherine de' Medici (Regent)|
|Heir:||Lands:||Kingdom of France|
|Title(s):||King of France · King Charles IX of France|
|Ancestors:||King Francis I Valois of France|
|Current members:||Queen Elisabeth · Princess Claude · Prince Henri · Princess Margaret · Sebastian · |
|Deceased members:||Prince Louis · Princess Henriette · Princess Emone · King Henry · King Francis|