|King Henry II ♔|
|IRL:||History's King Henry|
|Real Name:||Henry II of France|
|Title:|| King of France|
King Henry II
|Born:||31 March 1519|
|Dies:||10 July 1558|
|Originally From:||Paris, France|
|Wife:||Catherine de' Medici|
|Parents:|| King Francis I (Father)
Claude of France (Mother)
|Family:||Duke Francis † (Brother)|
|Children:|| King Francis † (Son)
Queen Leeza (Daughter)
|Interests:|| Diane de Poitiers † (Mistress) |
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of France |
|Portrayed by:||Alan van Sprang|
- "Betraying someone you love, it blackens your soul! It's a weight
you carry, all of your days!...Can I let it go now?"
- —King Henry's last words.
King Henry II was the king of France and ruled over his country with his wife Catherine, their five children, his mistress Diane de Poitiers and their illegitimate son Sebastian. He ruled with a firm fist and did whatever needed to be done to make his country great.
Must See EpisodesEdit
King Henry II of France was a determined, ruthless, and tricky man. He was always out for what was best for France, however, he failed to see the larger picture at times. He once tried to teach his son that as future King he needed to be willing to make lots of deals. Then be willing to break them in favour of something better.
Prince Henry was born in Paris, France, and when he was 14 years old married Catherine de' Medici in an arranged marriage between their two countries. However, Henry was already and continued to see an older woman named, Diane de Poitiers, who he made his official mistress after he was married.
Less than 10 years later, Diane gave birth to the King's first child, an illegitimate son named Sebastian. The next year his wife Catherine gave birth to their first child, the future Dauphin of France, Prince Francis. 3rd in line to the throne. Followed by a daughter named Princess Elisabeth the next year.
Two years later, Henry's father died, and he became the new King of France, making Prince Francis the next-in-line. Years after that, Catherine and Henry had another daughter, Princess Claude, and two more sons, Prince Charles and Prince Henri. They also had three children die, Prince Louis before he was 1, and twin daughter's that were murdered. He and Catherine were no longer as close as they had been in earlier years of their marriage. They became prone to bickering to each other in-front of servants and their children.
Catherine hallucinates him as a ghost taking care of their dead twin daughters in the afterlife.
Strange Bedfellow - (Mentioned)
Mary Stuart begain looking for any Catholic males in the line of succession. The most likely candidate was distant cousin of her and Elizabeth's named Joseph Tudor. After Mary Tudor died and Queen Elizabeth turned England Protestant, Joseph fled to France. Joseph Tudor appealed to King Henry and Queen Catherine for asylum when Elizabeth took the throne, and started persecuting all of Mary Tudor's Catholic supporters. As France is a Catholic monarchy, King Henry granted him sanctuary.
The Hound and the Hare - (Mentioned)
Sebastian told Delphine that when her told her he didn't want her in his head, he was just scared. Any time he'd opened himself up, he'd been hurt. His dead brother King Francis, his wife Kenna, and his now both dead parents. King Henry and Diane de Poitiers.
- Diane de Poitiers and King Henry were together before he married Queen Catherine.,
- Has several mistresses in 'Barnay' and has been mentioned to have a couple illegitimate children there.
- King Henry has orchestrated the deaths of the Queen's Hitman, beheaded a guard, pushed two women out of a window  , strangled a prostitute , stabbed a man during prayer, stabbed a man in court  and inadvertently had two dozen soldiers blown up .
- King Henry has ordered the death of Sebastian twice,   and that of Francis once. 
- King Henry has had sexual relations with Queen Catherine, Diane de Poitiers, Lady Kenna, Archduchess of Bohemia, a maid, a prostitute, and Penelope all within a year and a half.
- Secretly murdered by his son Francis who pretended to be Lord Montgomery at a jousting competition. 
- King Henry's death marked the 55th death of Season One. 
- His wife, Queen Catherine, discovered he had been poisoned by his personal bible, and that is what caused him to go mad. .
- Queen Catherine eventually reveals she knew her son Francis killed King Henry after he went mad. .
- Had an affair with his twin daughter's nanny, and died believing her absence to be with him that night caused their deaths. However they had been murdered by his mistress Diane de Poitiers. .
- King Antoine had the poison sprayed onto King Henry's bible..
- Both King Henry VIII of England and King Henry II of France were the 2nd born sons, however, once their older brothers died at a young age they became the king of their respected countries.
- Henry and his older brother were traded by their father as hostages to Spain's Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor in 1525 for 3 years, and were released when he was around 10.
- His father, King Francis I built Château de Chambord for his own personal hunting trips.
- King Henry II and the Duke of Guise were actually childhood friends.
- Lucrezia de' Medici opposed Pope Clement VII's decision to marry her grand-niece Catherine de' Medici to the future King Henry II of France, wantingt such an important Medici heir to marry within Italy.
- King Henry II and Catherine de' Medici were married when they were both 14.
- His, sister, Madeleine of Valois, was the first wife of Mary, Queen of Scots' father, King James V.
- Became King when he was 28 and ruled for 12 years.
- Henry and Catherine had 10 children together, 7 of whom made it to adulthood.
- Henry had 3 illegitimate children from different mistresses, but none by Diane de Poitiers.
- King James V of Scotland, King Francis I of France, himslef, and King Henry II of Navarre (Queen Jeanne's father) all went boar-hunting together in 1536, before King James' wedding to Princes Madeleine.
- His mistress, Filippa Duci had his 1st child in 1538. 44 years later she became a lady-in-waiting to his wife.
- Mistress, Lady Janet Stewart was Mary, Queen of Scots' half-aunt, being her father's half-sister, and had an illegitimate son King Henry II. She also had a daughter, Mary Fleming, by her husband who became one of 'The Four Marys' as a lady-in-waiting to Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Has an illegitimate son with one of Mary, Queen of Scots' Ladies, Mary Fleming's mother in 1551.
- The show killed King Henry off a year early. He died in 1559, not 1558.
- Accidentally killed by Lord Montgomery is a jousting competition.
- His illegitimate daughter Diane de France brought Catherine's remains brought back to Paris for her.
|Pilot||Snakes in the Garden||Kissed||Hearts and Minds||A Chill in the Air||Chosen||Left Behind||Fated||For King and Country||Sacrifice||Inquisition|
|Royal Blood||Consummation||Dirty Laundry||The Darkness||Monsters||Liege Lord||No Exit||Toy Soldiers||Higher Ground||Long Live The King||Slaughter Of Innocence|
|The Plague||Drawn and Quartered||Coronation||The Lamb and the Slaughter||Blood for Blood||Three Queens||The Prince of the Blood||Terror of the Faithful||Acts of War||Mercy||Getaway|
|Banished||Sins of the Past||The End of Mourning||Forbidden||Tasting Revenge||Tempting Fate||Reversal of Fortune||Abandoned||Fugitive||The Siege||Burn|
Pages relating to King Henry are the following:
|King:||Charles Valois||Queen:||Catherine de' Medici (Regent)|
|Heir:||Lands:||Kingdom of France|
|Title(s):||King of France · King Charles IX of France|
|Ancestors:||King Francis I Valois of France|
|Current members:||Queen Elisabeth · Princess Claude · Prince Henri · Princess Margaret · Sebastian · |
|Deceased members:||Prince Louis · Princess Henriette · Princess Emone · King Henry · King Francis|