|King Charles' Coronation|
|Date:||15 May 1561|
|In Honour of:||King Charles|
|In Attendance:|| Queen Mother, Catherine |
|Description:||Celebrate the new King of France|
King Charles' Coronation took place in Viennese, France on 15 May 1561.
The coronation took place on 15 May 1561. The event was to celebrate the crowning of the new King of France, after the passing of the late, King Francis. His brother Charles IX was crowned King at the age of 14. Charles was given only part of his reign to his kingdom as he was not yet 16. His mother, Catherine de' Medici would rule beside him as Regency.
Unlike his brother's coronation, his coronation was not celebrated with a week of festivities.
- Queen Mother, Catherine wore a Millianna Jewelry Victoria Necklace and Konstantino Silver & 18 Karat Gold Kite Chandelier Earring.
- Queen Mary wore a Erickson Beamon Gold-Plated Swarovski Crystal Necklace and Azaara Pavé Spike Drop Earrings.
- Charles was crowned on 15 May 1561, it would appear the writers decided to go with the same date.
Pages relating to King Charles are the following:
• King Charles
• History's King Charles IX
• House of Valois • King Charles' Coronation • House of Medici
• Charles and Madeleine's Engagement Party
• Peter Dacunha • Spencer MacPherson
Pages: Historical Events | Historical References | Historical Timeline