|Season Three, Episode 17|
|Air date||June 13, 2016|
|Written by|| April Blair |
|Directed by||Lee Rose|
Spiders In a Jar
- "Francis would have never wanted you to risk your life, to avenge his!"
John Barrowman Guest Stars
With Mary presumed dead, Elizabeth enlists Lola’s help in taking the Scottish crown for herself, while Mary’s half-brother James must defend her throne from John Knox. Meanwhile, Mary comes face to face with Francis’s killer when she and Bash find themselves in the hands of a fearsome clan leader named Munro.
Sebastian: Francis would have never wanted you to risk your life, to avenge his!
Princess Claude: Please tell me that wasn't you.
Queen Catherine: It's complicated.
Princess Claude: Honestly mother! How many people have you killed?!
Queen Catherine: Shhhh!
Queen Mary: I would have stayed in France for the rest of my life! But you brought me here. You took my heart! And now I’ve come to repay you.
Queen Mary: I am Mary, Queen of Scotts and I have come for my throne.
- King Francis, Robert Dudley, John Philip, and Lord Darnley were all mentioned but do not appear.
- Queen Elisabeth of Spain, King Philip and King Henry were all referred to, but none by name.
- John Knox makes his first on-screen appearance.
- Martel de Guise's father was on of the men murdered by Catherine and Henry years earlier
- Queen Elizabeth offered Lady Lola the position of 'Scottish Advisor'
- Queen Catherine mentioned she has more sons and daughters besides the ones already shown on-screen.
- Weeks have passed in France and England but more than a single week has passed in Scotland.
- The episode images were released on May 26th, 2016.
- Dan Jeannotte replaced Joe Doyle as Mary's half-brother, James Stuart.
- Celina Sinden, Charlie Carrick and Ben Geurens were all credited, but did not appear.
- Lord Darnley was mentioned and will become a main character in Season Four. 
- John Knox was a Scottish clergyman who was a leader of the Protestant Reformation. He was born in 1513 and lived to be 59. In 1564 he married Margaret Stewart a distant relative of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Queen Mary returned to Scotland 9 months after her husband's death, arriving in Leith on 19 August 1561.
- The last Scottish Monarch was Anne, Queen of Great Britain who became Queen of England, Scotland, and Ireland in March 1702 until she died at 49. She was part of the House of Stuart family dynasty.
- House of Commons of Great Britain was not established until 1714.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Jonathan Goad||John Knox|
|Adam Kenneth Wilson||Lord Duncan|
|Dan Jeannotte||James Stuart|
|Lewis Kirk||Martel de Guise|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|