|In a Clearing|
|Season Three, Episode 5|
|Air date||November 13, 2015|
|Written by||Shannon Goss|
|Directed by||Deborah Chow|
Fight or Flight
- "We were meant to be happy, and we were. But I have another fate."
- —King Francis
Nostradamus Has A New Vision About Francis
Grateful for a future with a revived Francis, Mary considers signing away her claim to the English throne, and staying in France forever. Catherine learns that Nostradamus has returned — with a new vision involving Francis’ fate.
Nicholas: We may be the enemy, but I am not without my manners.
Nicholas: However you don’t even have children yet.
Queen Mary: Elizabeth is not even wed!
Nicholas: The fact that she’s choosy doesn’t mean she won’t be. And when she gets married she could be pregnant like that.
King Francis: Be honest. There was a small part of you the covered the regiant wasn’t there.
Queen Catherine: It’s a good job for anyone who’s always right, to be sure, but as it turns out, many people quite despise me.
Queen Catherine: For what is France without my Francis.
King Francis: You did it!
Queen Mary: No, you did it!
King Francis: Well, that’s not how I’ll remember it.
King Francis: Well, I suppose you’ll have to settle with being the Queen of two nations, not three.
King Francis: You cannot keep me in a cage. Even one built with love.
Queen Mary: I always knew we would be wed. Even when I first retuned.
King Francis: Did you now?
Queen Mary: Ever since I caught your eye, watching me dance with my ladies at your sister’s wedding. Feather’s falling from nowhere.
King Francis: Well, I’m sure my mother ordered them.
King Francis: We were meant to be happy, and we were. But I have another fate.
King Francis: I see such beauty. Such beauty you have brought me...You must wed again. You must love again.
Queen Mary: I can’t. I will never, I will never love anyone, the way I love you.
King Francis: I pray to God that you do.
Queen Catherine: That isn’t Francis, he’s gone.
Queen Mary: I can’t let him go.
Queen Catherine: Let him go, and hold on to me.
Queen Mary: This is not how we were suppost to go to Paris. We were suppost to dance under the stars.
Nostradamus: Only with the Queen of Scots' help, will you finally rule France. Good luck. And may you live a long life, God willing.
Queen Catherine: Your love, it gave him so much joy, and that's what you must remember.
- Marie de Guise, James Stuart, Queen Elizabeth and John Philip were all mentioned but do not appear.
- Elisabeth and Philip's Wedding, and other scenes from the Pilot were shown and referenced.
- Mary Stuart sinned her name, 'Marie' in the French spelling for the first time, she historically continues this for the rest of her life.
- Nostradamus' first prediction from the series came true. 
- The episode title and synopsis were released on October 22, 2015.
- This marks Rossif Sutherland first appearance of Season Three.
- Charlie Carrick has been upgraded to 'Main Cast'
- Rachel Skarsten, Jonathan Keltz, Rose Williams and Charlie Carrick were all credited, but do not appear.
- Both Adelaide Kane and Toby Regbo had to learn calligraphy, and that is their real handwriting shown on-screen when signning the Peace Treaty with England.
- This marks Toby Regbo's final appearance of the series.
- Queen Mary was indeed a direct descended of King Henry VII, and was King Henry VIII's great-niece.
- King Francis died on 5 December 1560 from Syncope. One month shy of his 17th birthday.
- Mary was shown singing her name 'Marie' on the English Treaty, however, she had always singed her name in the French spelling since she was a child.
- Mary, Queen of Scots briefly met her future husband, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley in February 1561 when she was in mourning for King Francis II. Darnley's parents, Lord and Lady Lennox, who were Scottish aristocrats as well as English landowners, had sent him to France ostensibly to extend their condolences while hoping for a potential match between the two.
- Mary returned to Scotland on 19 August 1561, after King Francis' death when she was 18 years old.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Toby Regbo||King Francis|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Mathew Taylor||King's Guard|
|Matt Cassidy||Royal Guard|