|Real Name:||Greer Norwood|
|Title:|| Greer of Kinross |
|Born:||10 April 1543|
|Originally From:||Kinross, Scotland|
|Current Location:||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Husband:|| Aloysius Castleroy |
|Parents:|| Robert Norwood (Father)
|Family:|| Ainsley Norwood (Sister) |
|Interests:||Martin de Lambert (Father of her daughter)|
|Affiliations:||Madam Greer's Brothel|
|Portrayed by:||Celina Sinden|
- "Make no mistake. We're here now, to get our young Queen in the game. Alliances can shift. Before they do, Mary needs to
win the Prince's heart."
- —Greer of Kinross
Greer Norwood is a lady-in-waiting and a close friend of Queen Mary, along with Lady Kenna, Lady Lola and Lady Aylee. Although her family is extremely wealthy, she is not of noble birth and does not have a title. She is currently separated Lord Castleroy as they parted amicably.
Must See EpisodesEdit
Greer can be soft spoken and a little reserved, but she sometimes lets her emotions get the better of her. To strangers, Greer can seem cold and dismissive, but this is probably to cover the fact that she feels inadequate for having to marry for a title. She is very loyal to her Queen and her family, devoting her life to them.
Greer's family is known to be very wealthy; however, with their mines running low, the potential for future wealth is dwindling. Greer has been sent to France with Mary with the expectation that she marry for riches and power. When Greer speaks of this, she seems greatly troubled, and it impacts many elements of her life.
Season 2 Edit
- Greer's is the only properly addressed woman on the show so far, as 'Lady Castleroy'
- She's the only lady that stayed with Mary until her downfall and substance demise.
- Nostradamus made a Prediction about her. 
- You'll fall in love with a man with a white mark on his face
- - Later, Leith wipes his flour covered hand over his cheek, leaving a white mark. 
- Greer was raised with hounds in the house, as they were her father's favorite animal. 
- Her first kiss was from Leith Bayard. 
- She has never made her own breakfast in her life and claims to be an awful cook. 
- Once forced to kill a man when he attempted to rape her. 
- Greer was brefly engaged to Lord Julien after her parents arranged it. 
- Greer became a noble as well as a Lady when she married Lord Castleroy. 
- Leith used his one Favor with King Francis to rescue Lord Castleroy from interrogation, imprisonment. 
- Greer lost her titles, lands and money for her involvement no matter how slight involvement with the Protestants. 
- Opened up her own establishment for working girls and owns a Brothel. 
- Greer has been giving the title of lady, allowed back at court, and still owns her Brothel. 
- Meets Martin de Lambert and two two share a passionate night together. 
- Greer had her ladies working for her as court. 
- Left the Town House, and has opened her brothel at the tavern she used to live in. 
- Secretly pregnant with Martin de Lambert's baby, and planning to give it to her sister Ellen Norwood.  
- Mentioned she still considers herself a married woman to Aloysius Castleroy. 
- Greer and Martin are considering raising their child. 
- Decided to keep her baby. 
- Mary Stuart found out she was 9 months pregnant. After, Mary arranged to have Lord Castleroy broken out of prision. And they all left together to raise the baby. 
- Had a daughter named Rose Castleroy, and currently in Scotland. 
- Greer's pregnancy plot was written into the story because of Celina Sinden's real life pregnancy.
- Historically, she along with the other ladies-in-waiting of Mary, Queen of Scots have the same name, Mary. Together, they were known as The Four Marys.
- Mary Beaton was born in 1543, the third of five children of Robert Beaton and Joanna Renwall.
- Her mother was one of Mary of Guise's Ladies-in-Waiting
- Mary Seton's mother, was also a Lady-in-Waiting to Mary of Guise.
- Her aunt, Janet Beaton was mistress to Lord Bothwell, who later become the 3rd husband of Queen Mary.
|The Plague||Drawn and Quartered||Coronation||The Lamb and the Slaughter||Blood for Blood||Three Queens||The Prince of the Blood||Terror of the Faithful||Acts of War||Mercy||Getaway|
|Banished||Sins of the Past||The End of Mourning||Forbidden||Tasting Revenge||Tempting Fate||Reversal of Fortune||Abandoned||Fugitive||The Siege||Burn|
|Three Queens, Two Tigers||Betrothed||Extreme Measures||The Price||In A Clearing||Fight or Flight||The Hound and the Hare||Our Undoing||Wedlock|
|Bruises That Lie||Succession||No Way Out||Strange Bedfellow||To The Death||Safe Passage||Clans||Intruders||Spiders In a Jar|
|With Friends Like These||A Grain Of Deception||Leaps of Faith||Playing With Fire||Highland Games||Love & Death||Hanging Swords||Unchartered Waters|
|Pulling Strings||A Better Man||Dead of Night||The Shakedown||Coup de Grace||A Bride. A Box. A Body.||Blood in the Water||All It Cost Her|
Pages relating to Lady Greer are the following:
• Greer's Fashion Style
• Greer and Castleroy's Wedding
• Greer and Leith • Greer and Castleroy • Greer and Martin
• Celina Sinden