|IRL:||History's Francis of Valois|
|Real Name:||Francis of Valois|
|Title:|| King Francis I|
Francis I of France
|Born:||12 September 1494|
|Wife:|| Claude, Duchess of Brittany|
Eleanor of Austria
|Parents:|| Charles d'Orléans (Father)
Louise of Savoy (Mother)
|Family:||Marguerite de Navarre (Sister)|
|Children:|| Duke Francis †|
King Henry †
|Affiliations:||House of Valois|
|First appearance:||Long Live The King|
- Long Live The King - (Mentioned)
King Henry told his son how him and his older brother Duke Francis were traded by his own father in 1525 as replacement hostages and held in Spain by King Charles V for 4 years until Henry was about 10 years old.
- Coup de Grace - (Mentioned)
- Francis of Valois will never appear on Reign.
- In 1524, King Francis I assisted the citizens of Lyon in financing the expedition to North America. On this expedition, they visited the present day New York City, naming it New Angoulême, and claimed Canada's Newfoundland for the French crown.
- He and Catherine were very close, and actually preferred her over his own son, the future King Henry II.
- His cousin, Princess Madeleine, was the mother of his beloved daughter-in-law, Catherine de' Medici.
- King James, King Francis I of France, the young Prince Henry, and King Henry II of Navarre (Queen Jeanne's father) all went boar-hunting together in 1536, before King James' wedding to Princes Madeleine.
|King:||Charles Valois||Queen:||Catherine de' Medici (Regent)|
|Heir:||Lands:||Kingdom of France|
|Title(s):||King of France · King Charles IX of France|
|Ancestors:||King Francis I Valois of France|
|Current members:||Queen Elisabeth · Princess Claude · Prince Henri · Princess Margaret · Sebastian · |
|Deceased members:||Prince Louis · Princess Henriette · Princess Emone · King Henry · King Francis|