|IRL:||History's Francis Drake|
|Real Name:||Francis Drake|
|Title:|| Sir Francis Drake |
|Dies:||28 January 1596|
|Family:||John Hawkins (Cousin)|
|First appearance:||Blood in the Water|
Francis Drake is an incredibly confident and witty young man. He enjoys living life on the edge and is a bit of a daredevil.
Francis Drake stole gold from a Finished ship in an act of piracy on behalf od Queen Elizabeth.
Queen Elizabeth thinks it was The Archduke who poisoned Gideon Blackburn, as he was the only one who had motive. Jane informs Queen Elizabeth, Naval Commander Francis Drake had arrived, their meeting set up by John Hawkins. Elizabeth told him she had a special mission that requires his naval expertise and ships. There was a Portuguese freighter filled with jewels, gold, silver setting sail for Austria, and she wanted that cargo for England. Adding the operation cannot be traced back to her, and he will be well compensated. Francis Drake confirm they will utilize blank sails, and hide any semblance of British emblems during your attack. In return, Elizabeth will gibe them 10% of the haul.
- At age 23, Francis Drake made his first voyage to The Americas with his second cousin, Sir John Hawkins.
- With the success of the Panama isthmus raid, in 1577 Queen Elizabeth of England sent Drake to start an expedition against the Spanish along the Pacific coast of The Americas.
- Exploits made him a hero to the English but a pirate to the Spaniards, to whom he was known as El Draque. King Philip II was said to have offered a reward of 20,000 ducats, (about £4 million/ US$6.5 million) by modern standards, for his life.
- Queen Elizabeth of England awarded Sir Francis Drake a knighthood in 1581
- He was second-in-command of the English fleet against the Spanish Armada in 1588
- In 1590 Francis Drake and Captain John Hawkins founded a charity for the relief of sick & elderly mariners.