|Fight or Flight|
|Season Three, Episode 6|
|Air date||November 20, 2015|
|Written by||Lisa Randolph|
|Directed by||Charles Binamé|
In A Clearing
The Hound and the Hare
- "I may still be queen. But I am no longer the Queen of France."
- —Queen Mary
Mary Aligns Herself With Catherine
Mary realizes she must help Catherine in her quest to become regent, even at the risk of hurting the alliance with Scotland. Claude is determined to help Leith marry while Elizabeth struggles with the prospect of losing Dudley.
Lady Greer: Mary, you are not fine. You just lost the man you love, and now they are moving you to a lesser room, treating the Queen of Scotland like she’s-
Queen Mary: An outside? That’s because I am.
Queen Mary: I may still a Queen. But I am no longer the Queen of France.
Queen Catherine: How can I pray to God, when I am certain he doesn’t not hear me.
Queen Catherine: My election could mean the end of your nation.
Leith Bayard: Why do you want to help me?
Princess Claude: Because you're going to end up with someone. Why not someone a step above. But within reach?
- King Francis, John Philip, Don Carlos, Don Carlos and Mary Tudor were all mentioned, but do not appear.
- It has been 3 weeks since King Francis's death, and one week since the ending of the last episode.
- English troops attacked, and take over Queen Mary's birthplace of Linlithgow.
- Prince Don Carlos of Spain, Charles of Austria, and Meril of Enron all wish to court Mary Stuart.
- Lady Grenier and her husband Lord Grenier are both homosexuals and appear to have entered into their marriage together as a cover while spending time with their preferred lovers.
- Elizabeth and Robert's relationship appears to be coming to an end.
- Claude and Leith's relationship has finally be confirmed with a kiss.
- Christophe and Catherine begin a sexual relationship.
- The episode title and synopsis were released on October 29, 2015.
- The episode images were released on November 3, 2015.
- This is the first episode the entire cast appears, except for Toby Regbo who is no longer on the show.
- Charles of Austria was know as 'Charles II, Archduke of Austria' and would be 20 years old, to Mary, Queen of Scots' 18 years. However, he did not marry until August 1571 when he was 31.
- Don Carlos would be 15 years old, to Mary's 18 years.
- Mary, Queen of Scots briefly met her future husband, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley in February 1561 when she was in mourning for King Francis II. Darnley's parents, Lord and Lady Lennox, who were Scottish aristocrats as well as English landowners, had sent him to France ostensibly to extend their condolences while hoping for a potential match between the two.
- Mary returned to Scotland on 19 August 1561, after King Francis' death when she was 18 years old.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Charlie Carrick||Robert Dudley|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Clara Pasieka||Amy Dudley|
|Ted Whittall||Lord Grenier|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|Deanna Javis||Servant Girl|
|Sarah Claire Alan||Alexandra|
|Robert Verlaque||Court Doctor|