|Created by:|| Laurie McCarthy |
|Written by:||Lily Blake|
|Main Cast:||Queen Mary|
|Country of origin:||
|No. of Books:||
|About the Books|
|Publishing Company:||Little, Brown Books|
Since Mary, Queen of Scotland was a child, The English have wanted her country and her crown. She is sent to France, to wed its next king to save herself and her people, a bond that should protect her but there are forces that conspire, forces of Darkness, forces of the heart. Long may she reign.
In 1557, The Young Queen Mary Stuart of Scotland arrives to France accompanied by her four best friends and Ladies-in-Waiting. She is to be engaged with Prince Francis II to get the French in an alliance needed to protect Scotland. However, things between Mary and Francis are not simple and, although they are attracted to each other, Francis remains hesitant to keep his life, and have his affairs. Sebastian, Francis' half-brother, complicates matters when he starts falling for Mary. This, together with King Henry's infidelity, makes Queen Catherine De'Medici seek help from the seer Nostradamus. He scares her with a prophecy about her son's death, she becomes determined to save Francis' life at any cost. Conspiracy, sabotage, mystery and sex show the details of the French Court as Mary learns to deal with each and every one.
|Title||Written by||Publisher||Release Date||Production code|
|Darkness Rises||Lily Blake||Little, Brown Books||May 20, 2014||#1|
Long before Mary's reign, another power ruled over France. Born from blood and terror, it was called the Darkness. Now the Darkness has returned, and Bash is determined to stop it from spreading through the land before it can destroy the people he loves most.
|The Prophecy||Lily Blake||Little, Brown Books||September 23, 2014||#2|
As the plague rages outside the palace walls, tormented screams and pleas for help go unanswered by the members of the French court sheltered within the castle. Mary Queen of Scots feels safe-but she doesn't know that someone using the secret tunnels may bring the threat inside.
|The Haunting||Lily Blake||Little, Brown Books||December 9, 2014||#3|
It has been months since the death of King Henry II and the French court has grown accustomed to the rule of the newly-crowned King Francis. But while the people are excited by the prospects of a new reign, Francis struggles with his new place on the throne.
|Hysteria||Lily Blake||Little, Brown Books||May 12, 2015||#4|
Something sinister has been sweeping the villages surrounding the French court. Rumors of Satan's horsemen traveling the countryside and claiming the souls of villagers have sent the people reeling into a religious frenzy and soon fear and suspicion lead them to accuse a young girl of witchcraft.
- Queen Mary - The young Queen of Scotland, and now Queen of France.
- Queen Catherine - the Queen Mother of France and a member of the wealthy and prominent Medici family.
- Sebastian - The bastard son of the last king, Married to Lady Kenna, and now King's Deputy to his brother.
- King Francis - The New King of France, and husband to Queen Mary.
- Lady Greer - A lady-in-waiting for the Queen of Scotland, and the new wife of Lord Castleroy.
- Lady Kenna- A lady-in-waiting to the Queen of Scotland, former mistress to the last king, & wife of Bash.
- Lady Lola- A lady-in-waiting for the Queen of Scotland, and mother of king Francis' only child.
- Leith Bayard - Former kitchen servant for the French Court, and current War Hero.
- Louis Condé - Cousin to King Francis, and secretly in-love with Queen Mary.
- Lord Narcisse - A very rich noble who owns 90% of the grain, and an enemy of the Crown.
- Princess Claude - Youngest surviving daughter of Catherine, with an arranged marriage to Louis Condé.
- Lady Aylee - Served as a lady-in-waiting for the Queen of Scotland.
- King Henry - The former king of France.
- Nostradamus - A close friend to the last Queen of France and is valued for his gift of sight and prophecies.
- Lord Castleroy - 15th in-line to the throne, A very rich nobel, and husband of Lady Greer.
- Clarissa - known to be the 'castle ghost' and the secret love child of a royal.
- Olivia D'Amencourt - Former lover of Prince Francis and an escapee of The Darkness.
- Diane de Poitiers - The last King's official mistress and mother to their illegitimate son, Sebastian.
- Lord Julien - The deceased husband of Lady Lola.