|A Better Man|
|Season Four, Episode 10|
|Air date||April 28, 2017|
|Written by|| John J. Sakmar |
|Directed by||Dawn Wilkinson|
Dead of Night
- "Be patient with me. Please."
- —Queen Elizabeth
Mary Plots To Take Over Elizabeth's Throne
As Mary strategizes ways to take over the English throne, Elizabeth struggles to find an appropriate suitor to marry. Meanwhile, James gets caught up in a scheme orchestrated by John Knox and has to deal with the tragic aftermath.
King Darnley: Mary! I’m glad you’ve come! What do you think?!
Queen Mary: Well, you commissioned it for your coronation, it only needs to please your ear.
Queen Elizabeth: Be patient with me. Please.
- Robert Dudley, John Knox, Rose Castleroy, Prince Henri, Queen Leeza, Lord Bothwell King Francis, Lady Lola and King Henry VIII are mentioned.
- Prince Henri is re-introduced.
- Lady Greer is still legally married to Lord Castleroy.
- This episode takes place 1 month after Mary and Darnley's Wedding.
- King Darnley was planning his own Coronation.
- David Rizzio is revelaed to now by Queen Mary's private secretary.
- It was revelaed Mary Stuart had refused to grain Lord Darnley The Crown Matrimonial.
- Queen Elizabeth and Gideon Blackburn have entered ito a sexual relationship.
- Queen Elizabeth is celebrating her 32nd birthday.
- Gideon Blackburn mentioned that 32 suiters from 16 countries arrived to court Queen Elizabeth.
- Lord Darnley's grandfather was murdered by Lord Hamilton's grandfather.
- Prince Henri brought his time fighting in Turkey.
- Queen Elizabeth mentioned the Archduke of Austria was at her birthday celebration to court her. He previously tried to court Mary Stuart years earlier. 
- Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley were married on 29 July 1565. Making Mary Stuart 23 and Lord Darnley 20 years old.
- Not long after their marriage, King Darnley grew arrogant. Not content with his position as king Consort, he demanded The Crown Matrimonial, which would have made him a co-sovereign of Scotland with the right to keep the Scottish throne for himself if he outlived his wife. Mary, Queen of Scots refused his request, and their marriage grew strained even though they conceived a child by October 1565.
- Queen Elizabeth was born on 7 September 1533, so she would be celebrating her 32nd birthday.
- Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley's son was born 19 June 1566, a full year after their marriage.
- Elizabeth wants a husband "who will not have her head removed.' This is a reference to her father, King Henry VIII having her mother, Anne Boleyn beheaded.
- Archduke of Austria was Charles II, Archduke of Austria, would have been 25 years old, to Queen Elizabeth's 32 years. However, he did not marry until August 1571 when he was 31.
- Lord Darnley's grandfather was murdered by Lord Hamilton's grandfather on 4 September 1526 when he was 36 years old. His son Matthew Lennox would have been 10 years old.
- Prince Henry of France never fought in, or with Turkey.
- King Charles IX never had a mistress named 'Nicole' however he did have a mistress named Marie Touchet, who would be 16 at the time and was born a farm girl before coming to French Court.
- There is no Count Alfred of Vienna
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Queen Mary|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Dan Jeannotte||James Stuart|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|Will Kemp||King Darnley|
|Andrew Shaver||David Rizzio|
|Ann Pirvu||Nicole Touchet|
|Nick Slater||Prince Henri|
|Claire Hunter||Emily Knox|